What follows is an index of the available documentation. It may get outdated from time to time, so please also check the List of Wiki Pages for other available content.
The current version of Taffy is 1.2.0, and the documentation below applies to that version unless otherwise indicated.
These references assume that you know what you want to use, but can't recall the syntax, or order of method arguments, etc. They are meant to enable you to quickly look these things up.
- Index of API Methods defines methods to be used in Application.cfc as well as helper methods available in resources and representations.
- List of all variables.framework settings covers what each setting is, linking to guides for more in depth explanations where appropriate.
- Configuration via Metadata shows what metadata options are available and how to use them effectively in your API.
- Installing Taffy explains options for installing and using Taffy, and special requirements for Tomcat users
- Create a dead-simple CRUD API walks you through creating your first Taffy-powered API
- Authentication and Security
- Bean Factories
- Common API HTTP Status Codes
- Custom Token Regular Expressions
- Exception Logging Adapters describes integration with BugLogHQ and Hoth, and options for emailing yourself all exceptions
- Organizing your resources into subfolders explains the caveats of using subfolders within /resources
- URL Rewrite Rule Examples
- Using a Custom Representation Class
- Rate Limiting your API
- Require an API Key
- Serialize data to a different data type
- Share Application variables with another application
- Support returning multiple data formats
- Allow file uploads to your API
- Use an external bean factory to completely manage resources
- Use an external bean factory to resolve dependencies of your resources
- Use ColdSpring AOP Advice for your resources
- Use JSONUtil instead of native JSON serialization
- Use the autowire functionality of Taffy's factory to manage resource dependencies
- Write your components using CF9 script-component syntax
Documentation for Older Versions
Where it makes sense, we make every effort to maintain backward compatibility. However, as we think of better ways to get things done, some functionality is deprecated and eventually removed. The below references are provided for the benefit of anyone still using previous versions of Taffy. Where something is not specifically addressed in an older doc, it is safe to assume it works the same as the current version.
In addition to the framework usage documentation, the wiki also holds some meta-information about Taffy development and releases. Of particular interest may be the Releases page which documents release dates and provides release notes for every release, as well as the Roadmap page which documents which bugs and features are being most strongly reviewed for future releases. Of course, your feedback has an impact on release planning, so feel free to comment on bug reports and feature requests and let us know what's important to you.